I’m using the Ultimate edition of Windows 7 and I found out that it has the Sticky Notes feature which will be helpful when I’m going to scratch a note or just to make a reminder. But while using this feature, I’m quite disappointed because I can’t find any menu available to change the default font.
Then, I turned to PortableApps.com to find any alternative free app for Sticky Notes. Within the Office category I found what I was looking for. The Stickies Portable, a lightweight sticky notes app. This app was developed by Zhorn Software (www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies) and it has many awesome features, more powerful than the Sticky Notes of Windows 7.
As detailed within the vendor website, the main features of Stickies are as follows :
- Once on screen, stickies will remain where placed until closed, even through reboots
- Stickies appearance can be customised; fonts, colours and buttons may be changed, and styles saved. Stickies can be resized.
- Stickies can store text or images
- Stickies can snap to each other and to the sides of the screen to keep them neatly lined up
- Stickies can be attached to a web site, document or folder so they only show when it's on screen
- Stickies can be transferred from one machine to another either over a TCP/IP network connection, or by using an SMTP mail server or MAPI client:
- Hierarchical friends list, which may be automatically transferred from other friends
- Play a sound file on receive
- Signature for transmitted or emailed stickies
- Favourite friends, and custom lists can be made
- Stickies can be hidden for a certain period, until a specified date and time, or to wake every day, week or month, to act as reminders.
- Stickies can have alarms set to ensure you notice them at a point you choose
- International language, Unicode and RTL text support
- Stickies works with Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Stickies is small and simple, it writes to a single text file, and does not alter the registry
- AD network administrators can use Group Policy to control settings
- API to allow integration with other applications
- ...and Stickies is completely free!
Download this app from here (portableapps.com)